The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

Hello All - I'm New

Go down 
+3
Tolsmir
Trey W.
Pony
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pony
Pony

Gamertag : OmgItsAPony

Tokens : 0

Hello All - I'm New Empty
PostSubject: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 am

Before I go any further here's my standard info: I am 19 years old, my name is Connor and I'm from the UK. I work full time but spent the majority of my spare time playing Horizion. In real life I drive a Fiat Punto, but am looking to upgrade once the damned insurance goes down. For now then, I'll have to make do only driving fast cars in the virtual world.

I was browsing the Forza forums and upon seeing this club advertised, thought it would be worth a shot. It seems to fit my bill perfectly (fun, laid-back, friendly) with a large and active user base. Forza Horizon is my first Forza game (shocking, I know!) and i'm loving every minute. The only current area where it pulls up short for me, albeit through no fault of the game, is online. None of my friends are even considering buying this game and playing online by yourself is just never same. I feel as if I'm intruding when I join open free-roam lobbies but I really want to do all the co-op challenges and cruise long enough to unlock those pesky last two barn finds whilst meeting new people along the way.

My favourite things to do in game include: collecting cars/classic cars/randomly drifting/driving aimlessly searching for my last 10 discount signs and waiting for one of my last two barn finds.

Sorry if this was a bit of a long read, but I will apply to the club when I get home via the club thing in game. In the meantime if anyone wants to give me an add/invite me to a party (I have and use a mic) you're more than welcome.

GT: OmgItsAPony

Cheers guys!

Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

Gamertag : xFHCCxTreyGT1x

Tokens : 12

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

nice to have you here Pony/Connor
your story was not long at all, I sent you a FR, and you can at anytime interrupt our free roam sessions, I do all the time, we will see ya in Colorado
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gt1man
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

Gamertag : Tolsmir

Tokens : 8

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 am

Welcome Connor!

Though now I am going to have to not immediately think of a Native American Assassin every time I say your name, you've definitely come to the right place if you like to cruise with friends.
We've got several people on here (Sleepy-z and ChrystalOrb that I can think of off the top of my head) that run some more down tempo cruises from point to point across the entire map.

Sleepy has mentioned that he is going to try and theme the first car of his cruises (Classic Muscle, JDM, Euro, etc) and then you can swap out from there as he typically sets the way point to go from one Outpost to the next.

Chrystal runs a JDM cruise if you're into that, which from your drifting comment I gather you rather are.

I too like to drift, its pretty much all I do when I get into free roam online or by myself in the single player as I go from race to race. Its how I racked up enough points to hit number 1 popularity rank and I barely have my orange (think thats the color after pink anyways) wrist band. I tend to play more playground games when I'm online but I'm always down for a good cruise, though I do have a tendency to not see invites when I'm in the zone.

Hope you enjoy yourself here mate, and good luck with the insurance. Two tips for you on that one; 1)Don't get caught if you're going to speed and 2)Four door saloons are going to be cheaper on your insurance than two door sports models. At least thats how it works here in the states anyways!

Again, welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself!
Tolsmir
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am

Welcome to the club, Connor! I think you'll find that this club will fit you just right. Without FHCC, I probably would not have played online at all, and would miss a huge chunk of gameplay, as only one of my local friends owns the game. I'm looking forward to seeing you in cruises and whatnot, and chatting with you on the forums. Happy cruising!
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Welcome to the club, Connor. Look forward to cruising with you and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Pony
Pony

Gamertag : OmgItsAPony

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:19 am

Cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
T2rbo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
T2rbo

Gamertag : t2rbo

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:43 am

See you on roads of Colorado man ))) Smile
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 am

Hey welcome, i am running a slow cruise tonight at 915(ish)pm (Eastern USA -5hrs). Not sure but I imagine thats almost morning time for you, you can hop in. I set the GPS waypoints as they said, as long as u dont crash everyone you can do whatever you want in the back of the drive. I see some drift, some go flying buy me then pull off the side of the road to let the group catch up. I am pretty chill and decent at not making it chaotic, as long as I dont fall asleep behind the wheel lol. I send a club invite, its first come first serve. Good luck and hope you find what you want here.

Last edited by sleepy-z on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T2rbo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
T2rbo

Gamertag : t2rbo

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 am

What is time for +4 timezone? hmm.....it's morning?))) Not good news if it so - It's working time. if event not for me - i will Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 am

I am guessing if I am -5 and your +4 that would be a 9 hour times difference so like 6am your time. Sorry, I have to run them at night, I have a 2 year old all day with me and I get the early night to play a little. You are welcome to set up your own and post though. All I do is hop on the map and choose a horizon fast track point(the big H) and press Y so it shows up on everyones gps and we all drive at a casual non crashing 60-90mph pace to it as a group. The point is to enjoy the scenary and our cars rather then race and seperate from each other crashing everywhere. Just specify in the room your intintions on the description clearly and send a club invite out. I am sure some mid day usa people would like to join. Trouble is just like in real life car clubs nobody wants to do the planning involved, its really easy and I have ran car club drives in real life so I know how to plan it somewhat. You never know who is on your drive though, some drifters, some like to leap frog and fly by, just stay at a casual pace and they will stick by you. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello All - I'm New   Hello All - I'm New Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello All - I'm New
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The First Forza Horizon Club :: Community :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: