The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

who's up for another car debate

Go down 
+3
sleepy-z
[HOONIGAN]
Trey W.
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trey W.
Trey W.

Gamertag : xFHCCxTreyGT1x

Tokens : 12

who's up for another car debate  Empty
PostSubject: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Ok I think bout the Pontiac G8/Chevy Caprice comeback
I saw what look to be of that today in a Lubbock neighborhood today
So let the debating begin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gt1man
[HOONIGAN]
[HOONIGAN]

Gamertag : SinisterStern

Tokens : 5

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Gm Should bring back Pontiac division. Alot of power experiments and engine ideas went threw that division. The want for the firebird is so great the aftermarket is converting camaros into firebirds. The G8 was the last pontiac hoohaaa. :[
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:07 pm

They should cut off Buick, kept Pontiac and actually designed a gto instead of using the Holden to compete with ford. Truth is the way manufacturers work is if there is conflicting models like camaro and gto they make sure the main brand ie chevy gets the sales. Working for Mazda at one point ford owned enough rights of Mazda to force them into making the dumb half doors on the rx8 so it won't compete with the two door mustang in there minds, they are also responsible for the ugly front fender wheel wells bulging up and out. I wouldn't be surprised if gm made sure Pontiac would not take any customers and lose them in fact then with the G8 they wanted to sell off as many after they axed the company.
Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 pm

I personally like a G8, I didn't mind the whole Holden after effect for US GMs, I just wish GM didn't put so much finances in other features, and looked at their strengths, even if it meant losing half of the lineup of each subdivision, I mean GMC could have kept trucks only, as well as Chevy and their Camaros, and Suburbans, Pontiac and some of their G series, Buick and some of their full size Luxury line, in all honesty each company should've gone with their strengths and let go of the whole, let's try a new division/platform crap
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Well Buick is a joke, its cadillac imo. When i see a buick or cadi, well at least the rule used to be that those were grandma/grandpa cars. Cadi changed there image some but old people still love cadi's which makes buick its ugly sister. My issue with the GTO/Holden is there was little engineering behind it and they used a iconic name"gto" then slapped a badge on a holden. Thats lazy and a disgrace to gto fans. My dad looked at one and thought about it, I love the Holden but in the end your not buying a gto your buying a holden. Its like buying a mustang but not realizing in another country its really just a toyota body with a ford engine....well thats drastic but if they did I am sure ford would go out of business.....like pontiac lol.

Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:00 pm

As far as the Cadi thing goes, I think they should be their own, wait nevermind Cadi's just suck, they are overpriced actually they are overrated,
Oh and hey don't go knockin on G8 true I 100% agree it's a rebadged Holden, but how many people knew of Holden from Australia, in the US, without playing Forza, I certainly didn't, quite frankly I didn't care, it had a performance motor or two in it, and that's what could have made it a Chevy Camaro counterpart, later in years
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

Gamertag : MADLARZ

Tokens : 0

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 pm

I love my Holdens, more so the HSV counterparts but I don't really like the look of the G8's though. Its the front bumper/grill looks wrong but that is prob because I see HSV W427 and HSV R8 GTS's on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.abtec.co.nz
Trey W.
Trey W.

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 pm

see thats what I meant by Holden after effect, I have seen Holdens on a TV show from Australia the have a cool stance for Australia, I think we have a unique stance in the G8 for the U.S. but the thing is that each and every car maker had a different look even though they may look like something else, thats one thing that irritated me when it came to a certain Mazda/Chevy/GMC comparison I believe they were called i-270, Colorado and Canyon
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 pm

That makes perfect sense too! I f I had the money I'd be buying this Holden http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/r8/auction-528065759.htm
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

Gamertag : Tolsmir

Tokens : 8

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm

I was sadden when GM decided to axe Pontiac, mainly because it meant they never got a chance to bring the Maloo (another Holden vehicle but one I really like) over to the states. I really liked what the Top Gear Australia guys did in their Maloo when they had the Vs. Battle with the Top Gear UK. But, as I have no comment on the G8 I won't post on that just yet. I also need to read through the thread too. Just thought I'd toss a post on here for now!
Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 pm

by all means she is a beautiful beast, but God she is expensive, we can do some wheelin and dealin here in the US, but DARN she is a beauty for the Australian region, one might wonder what the heck that is here in the US
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Well, there was a G8 sport ute variant slated to come out around 2010 but we all know what happened right before that so it never came to be.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm

Pontiac has no business in modern society. Look at all the other companies coming out with cars that actually work right, and I don't mean hybrids... hybrids are a joke and useless. I was never a fan of anything GM from 2003 and up and I never like GMC. All the other American companies are just building their cars/trucks tougher, more efficient, reliable (with some exceptions), and at cheaper costs.

There is a reason Pontiac got knocked off the grid.

I do love Pontiac's gas guzzling V8 monsters, but that's all they made that was actually built right.. and not everyone wants sports cars. If they made cars that actually competed they might of lived. Every so called sedan or family vehicle they have made was a joke compared to every other competitor.

Look at Ford, they are doing it right. They have their line of sports cars, small cars, sedans, trucks, and every other car you can think of.. and they're built well... Ford tough! Around 2006 I do admit Ford had some crappy cars come out, I know I had a brand new 2006 Mustang GT67 Special Edition... cost 40k and it was the biggest piece of crap Mustang I've driven. But everyone had issues in those times. Downfall of our economy.

At the moment I think Ford, Honda/Acura, Dodge, RAM, Nissan, and Hyundai.. possibly even Kia, are the leading best car manufactures out there. Period.
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Here's a video I took of that pile of crap in 2006:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OBw33U8Rls

Edit:

And another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heG8dTh2hc8&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 pm

I'll agree that most Pontiac vehicles were never as cool as their GM/Chevy clones (firebird and G8 being my exceptions to that) but I think it probably would have been better if GM had rolled Pontiac into Chevy, or something to that effect anyways. Would've meant they could keep some of the better ideas around instead of scraping them. I for one was really looking forward to the G8 ute because it would have been an almost revival of one of my favorite (and for the life of me I don't know why) old school cars, the El Camino!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Tolsmir wrote:
I'll agree that most Pontiac vehicles were never as cool as their GM/Chevy clones (firebird and G8 being my exceptions to that) but I think it probably would have been better if GM had rolled Pontiac into Chevy, or something to that effect anyways. Would've meant they could keep some of the better ideas around instead of scraping them. I for one was really looking forward to the G8 ute because it would have been an almost revival of one of my favorite (and for the life of me I don't know why) old school cars, the El Camino!

I love the G8, but I can't afford one Sad
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 am

Man, I thought that Maloo would be so cool... Trucks are huge here, with all the oil field workers and "cowboys" and such... Although it is a sweet, well... thing, I think it would catch the eye of a little too many females in this area. There is nothing like the sad realization when you realize one of your favourite cars is viewed as "cute". It just ruins things. And then they put THESE on them.

who's up for another car debate  Carlashes2
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 am

And as for the ford/GM debate, I tend to look at it as more of a timeline thing... Although new cars are much safer in collisions, the whole idea of planned obsolescence completely ruins them. I liked when cars used to be made to last, rather than break down before the lease runs up. This is most of the reason why I will never own a brand new car, I'd rather spend 1-3 grand every two years than buy a completely new car every five years. For the most part, I like the way the g8 looks, and the whole idea of having a four door powerhouse (like the Mercedes e-class, or many others), but I really don't see myself driving one.
Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:48 am

I think GM planned the ax for Pontiac, cause they were trying to bring too many foreign geographical elements to the U.S. tables which if that was the case, as much of a GM fan I am I can/will say thats a stupid move on their part
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Trey W. wrote:
by all means she is a beautiful beast, but God she is expensive, we can do some wheelin and dealin here in the US, but DARN she is a beauty for the Australian region, one might wonder what the heck that is here in the US

You can pick up a non modified one for about $20,000 here but obviously the owner is trying to get money back on the car value + parts & tuning which he will never get... Can pick up a R35 GT-R for around that money here too.

The Maloo is a beautiful car to drive too! My brother had one for a few years and they handle quite nice for a V8 ute! Would of been interesting what the Pontiac variant would of looked like!
Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Somewhat same style as the G8, but in a truck form, hence what I said earlier about car companies trying new styles or platforms
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Madlarz, mind shipping me a Maloo?
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah, I'd trade a talon with an RHD conversion like we were talking about for a Maloo!
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Tolsmir wrote:
Madlarz, mind shipping me a Maloo?
Sure, if your willing to ship me a 1965 Chevy Impala SS Very Happy

Internuncio wrote:
Yeah, I'd trade a talon with an RHD conversion like we were talking about for a Maloo!

That would almost be worth the swap over here considering it would be the one of the ONLY Talon's in NZ! Apparently if it's a '92 or older it car be cert'd for being LHD!
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am

I'll start looking for that impala. Might take me 3 - 5 years to save up the scratch to buy it though. Being a student who lives with his folks and gets paid to clean the pool means I don't make much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who's up for another car debate    who's up for another car debate  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who's up for another car debate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The First Forza Horizon Club :: Community :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: