The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

Horizon Single Player..missing something??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

Gamertag : SonnyDeez9715

Tokens : 0

Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Empty
PostSubject: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:45 pm

SO we have had Forza Horizon for some time now and most of us are either pretty far into single player or have even beat it already..

Am I the only one who feels it is lacking something?? Just seems like your just moving from race to race with no real reason.. I mean with the discount signs, you have no reason to "buy" any upgrades..so its not like you are racing to make enough money to add that turbo to your car or what not..

With the exception of the off road car you have to buy in the beginning, I haven't purchased any new vehicle and Im like 500 points from my yellow wristband.. So there's no real sense of accomplishment after winning races...with the exception of street races, were you win a car..

I have over 4.5 million in credits and really have no use for them..sure I can buy cars just to buy them but whats the point.??

I just feel like the single player is really lacking the sense of accomplishment... Dont feel like im working towards anything and its getting pretty boring..

Anyone feel this way??
Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

Gamertag : xFHCCxTreyGT1x

Tokens : 12

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:52 pm

In more wristbands like Purple and Pink and Gold, u will need to buy some new cars, because I had a nice stock and still didn't have the right car for a certain race
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gt1man
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:10 pm

I hope so lol...Im doing every race I can until I cant do anything without buying a new car..Still feel a little blah about it though ahhaha
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Plus with every wristband, you get the chance to race for a car. Not to mention, you want to try to get to no. 1 popularity. I'm on my gold wristband now and it does feel as though you're just racing to level up, but the real fun of the game is in multiplayer and rivals.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

I honestly just need enough cash every now and then to get another car to go cruising in, thats all I wanted out of the game. When I want to race I will pop in Forza 4, this is my relax and play some road trip music game.
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm really quite enjoying it... I race to see how a car drives, and then I take it back to the garage and tune it for free, trying to get the most out of each car I own. If I find a cool spot or come up with an idea on the way to another race, I spend a bit of time in photo mode. I feel like I'm not just grinding through it, like I felt with FM4, but rather getting a holistic experience of an excellent game. If you're feeling like you're missing something, stop and smell the roses; the game has much more to offer!
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I tried some multiplayer earlier, but I couldnt get into it..maybe just need to do races with club members only or something..havent done rivals stuff yet, usually like to complete single player before messing with the other stuff.. Though, like I said, will do multiplayer stuff if its within the club and not randoms Smile
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Internuncio wrote:
I'm really quite enjoying it... I race to see how a car drives, and then I take it back to the garage and tune it for free, trying to get the most out of each car I own. If I find a cool spot or come up with an idea on the way to another race, I spend a bit of time in photo mode. I feel like I'm not just grinding through it, like I felt with FM4, but rather getting a holistic experience of an excellent game. If you're feeling like you're missing something, stop and smell the roses; the game has much more to offer!

Indeed it does, I just havent messed with photo mode (too much) or painting and such.. AS great as all that can be, it adds nothing to the single player experience, which is what im referring to in this thread..

I cant help but think back to GT were you actually had to work for your stuff..here you just enter a race, if your car is too good or too bad it tells you and that you just auto upgrade it on the spot..lol..no thinking involved..
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:11 pm

I agree with you, sonny, multiplayer is much better with club members, or even other members of the forza community. I got in a game with one of the devs in one of the GWD sessions on the 26th with Tolsmir, and it was quite enjoyable. Many of the younger players are much to destruction derby for me... In terms of the career, it does feel slightly lacking, but I think that is because PG didn't want to implement too much of a story, as it would deviate too much from what FM is, and would give more reason for people who liken the game to NFS to bash Horizon. For me, all the little extras make up for the weak story, balancing out single player as a whole.
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I was in a multiplayer earlier and demo derby is exactly what it was hahaha

also, does the host decide wether you use auto or manual shifting??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horizon Single Player..missing something??   Horizon Single Player..missing something?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horizon Single Player..missing something??
Page 1 of 1