The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....

Go down 
+5
MADLARZ
Andrew
SonnyDeez9715
Rob
sleepy-z
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Empty
PostSubject: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm

The marijuana law that passed in colorado. Just a big drug festival going on in Horizon, its like the developers knew. You know there will be more concerts/festivals in colorado now that you can smoke at them....well smoke legally. I dont do drugs personally but whatever to each there own.

Last edited by sleepy-z on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Yeah that's crazy it's legal now! I smoked before... quite a bit actually at a very young age... and I just don't see the point of it. I don't need drugs to enjoy myself like some people. I don't mind having a few beers here and there though.
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

Gamertag : SonnyDeez9715

Tokens : 0

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 pm

If its like any of the other states, i dont think you can smoke in public still...its legal for certain people, but doesnt mean you can walk down the street smoking a blunt... Besides Colorado has one of the best systems for medical marijuana..

Not a smoker so could care less.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm

SonnyDeez9715 wrote:
If its like any of the other states, i dont think you can smoke in public still...its legal for certain people, but doesnt mean you can walk down the street smoking a blunt... Besides Colorado has one of the best systems for medical marijuana..

Not a smoker so could care less.. Smile

It was on the ballet last night. It's 100% legal now.
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:34 pm

oh wow...shows you how much i pay attention to politics and stuff...just read up on it..very interesting...
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah. They said it's for recreational use, it isn't officially legal today but the governor said they voted then he will get it written in law. The new Woodstock I guess. I see it being the same as alcohol personally, they both do damage to your body and restrict your abilities to do things. Although honestly the same amount of people will smoke as before just more often, should help American junk food companies though.
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Well the selling of it legally wont go into affect for a year or so, of course only certain amounts, think i read an ounce, and the fact that you can grow up to 6 plants (i think i read)..

But the recreational use of it will go into affect as soon as it is signed..

Though it is still illegal at the federal level... The way I see it, it should be like this everywhere..its exactly like alcohol so why not just make it legal and tax it?? call it good and move on...
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Well the issue i feel is u can get second hand smoke but u can't get second hand alcohol from breathing. Since the government is so badly against smoking and taking away the rights towards ciggaretes I can see them taking this law back eventually. I personally don't want my son around someone smoking anything to long so I'm sure it will change but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm

I live in CO and I just hate it for the fact of what sleepy said; second hand smoke. I don't want my children breathing in smoke from a blunt. Right now, I'm just wondering what the federal gov't is going to do about the situation.
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

Gamertag : MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm

I smoked weed for over 16 years of my life and gave up beginning of this year so it was legalised here I don't think it would make much of a difference as I'm sure a good 65-70% of NZ adults smoke weed.

On the 6 plants thing, that wouldn't be to bad considering I can get 2lb of bud per plant when I was growing (take not my plants were close to 15ft high).

I think people should have the choice if they want to smoke and or abuse their bodies and as long as it isn't harming others I can't see a problem with it...

I agree with you Sonny, make it legal and tax it like everything else unless they are growing it in their own backyard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.abtec.co.nz
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:48 pm

unfortunately 2nd hand smoke is what it is, not much you can do about it, except limit smoking to designated areas (as they do in most states)..

Like I said, I dont think your going to start seeing people walking down the street smoking a blunt..

I have kids also and cant say that i would be worried about them getting second hand smoke, you have to be pretty close to the cigarette to get second hand..

and as I said, i doubt people will be hot boxing restaurants and what not..

Its 2012, and if we make it to 2013 (damn mayans) lol..its just our culture now, people smoke, it is what it is.. atleast now its being taxed Smile
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Being married to a doctor I'm waiting for the day she puts a cig out in someones face for doing it in a location next to kids lol. I'm not as paranoid as her but in Virginia u can smoke anywhere outside, playgrounds..... Seen it. I don't know colorados smoking laws but in va they just took the rights to smoke in restaurants away a couple years ago, last state to do it.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 pm

You have to be 15 feet from a building entrance to smoke in public.
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

Gamertag : MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm

That is totally fair enough too! Over here you aren't aloud to smoke near shops or in buildings (Work places, shops, bars and factories)
Back to top Go down
http://www.abtec.co.nz
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Here you can't smoke anywhere in or within 5 metres of a public building. Bus shelters too... It works pretty well, but as I'm driving now, I really don't notice it that much any more. I don't ever see myself smoking anything, it's just not my style. Although, I would like to smoke a cigar at one point in my life just for the sake of feeling like a mob boss.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Funny you mention cigars because that's the only thing I do smoke on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Yeah, I can see it as being more a celebratory thing... Just on occasion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

Gamertag : Tolsmir

Tokens : 8

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 am

Only thing I'll ever smoke is a hookah pipe. Burns flavored tobacco, or for those truly health conscious, you can use completely herbal, tea leaf based flavors instead. On top of that, I don't do it by myself often. Its just not fun to smoke without having a couple people to share some good conversation and possibly drinks with
Back to top Go down
kANAkSz
Silver Member
Silver Member
kANAkSz

Gamertag : sN UCExhAVOk

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 am

Here in Hawaii, its just no smoking within 20ft of any entrances to businesses no smoking in restaraunts,clubs or bars.

What really annoys me is when im outside with my daughter and some idiot comes and lights up a stog 10ft away upwind from us. Its like you see us. You see my kid. You know the wind is blowing our direction and yet you still decide to light up. I mean, when i used to smoke, I atleast had common courtesy to checc my surroundings before i lit uo. Even if i was sittin in my car and a family happened to be comin my way, I would pull my stog in and roll up the window til they passed or got in they're vehicle if they were parked next to me. Just goes to show how society has become. Disrespectful and uncourteous. Not all,but the majority.

As for the whole legalizing bud. I dont see how they're gonna regulate that. With alcohol you can atleast get a blood alcohol level to see how drunk a person is. But how the hell are they supposed to test how high someone is? I used to smoke bud bacc in my high school/early college days and i can remember blazin up til i really couldnt do anything. I mean, being high is the same as being drunk. So is it gonna be a dont burn and drive now? Is there gonna be a MADS (MOTHERS AGAINST DRIVING STONED) I jus really dont see the real point in legalizing bud except to make money off it. Which if they think is a good thing, they will soon realize is a big mistake after they see how much amd how badly people are gonna abuse this new law when it goes into effect.

Anyways, excuse my rant. I've just seen many accidents involving drivers that were stoned as much as I've seen drivers that were drunk and I honestly think that this will only make more problems than solutions.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Community Team
Community Team
Andy

Gamertag : B Wald Big Mek

Tokens : 13

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:23 am

I rather enjoy the stuff, personally. It's not for everyone, and is definately not for those under 18.

I commend the state of Colorado (and the other state that decriminalized it on election day) for realizing there is very little difference between weed and alcohol when it comes to responsible, recreational use (in fact, there are several arguments to be made that pot is better for society).

These states have done it sensibly, too, with regulations and appropriate age restrictions, as is done with other "adult-oriented" entertainment like booze, gambling and naughty movies. It's a step in the right direction, hopefully it's only a matter of time before the rest of the western world follows suit.

@ Kanaksz: I can appreciate your sentiment. I'm a smoker, but most of my friends aren't, and I am a "courteous smoker" as a result. I even have a large exhaust fan in my window, and only smoke near it, so my apartment doesn't get that "smoked in" tinge. Can't say the same about my car I'm afraid, but I do my best Razz

When it comes to driving high, it's a general no-no, driving intoxicated is a bad idea whether the intoxicant is alcohol, pot, or even a particularly powerful (and perfectly legitimate) prescription from a Doctor. The difference, I think, between pot and alcohol (note: I used to drink quite heavily, quit years ago) is that when I've smoked too much green to drive, I know it. Not so much with alcohol: we've all seen people who've drank to the point they could barely walk, yet who were insisting they could operate a motor vehicle properly. The same is true of my IRL friends who like to "blaze": Pot doesn't really affect your inhibitions the way alcohol does, and one realizes that driving a car would be a bad idea in this state.

There will, of course, always be people who do so anyway, but I don't think it will be as big a problem as you are worried about. As far as catching them, if they really are too high to drive, a field sobriety test should suffice. No breathalyzer-type device would really be needed.

Back to top Go down
kANAkSz
Silver Member
Silver Member
kANAkSz

Gamertag : sN UCExhAVOk

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:37 am

I hear what you saying bro. I mean, if they are able to control it in such a way where it wont be abused and what not, its all good. Im not against smoking bud, its just how overly abused it is. Many bud smokers think that its a much better option as compared to drinking. Which,excuse my rudeness,is complete bullspit (<- lol) and an excuse to make marijuana less harmful than it is. Nowadays, alot of people burn.jus to burn, not essentially get so blasted you cant function properly, but hiven the fact that its "legal" now, I'm sure everyones gonna take it as, hey,its legal now,i can get as faded as i want and go out in public when thats not the case.

I agree that a field sobriety test would suffice, but what im getting at is how high is too high? They have the blood alcohol tests and what not and arent the charges more stiff the higher the level? I could be wronh, I never did get pulled over for drinking and driving before so forgive me if im wrong. I just sense that people will just keep trying to push the limit of how high can I get and still drive just for the hell of it.

Only time will tell how this will play out and I believe what Sleepy or Slimy said will eventually come to pass and that the feds will only end up taking bacc this law. Heres hoping to some positive out of this.
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:11 pm

smokers in Coloradao (and washington, i believe passed it also) arent going to smoke anymore than they already do just because its legal now...they just know that its not illegal for them to do so...just like drinking, you dont drink everyday till you pass out just because you can, you do it cause you enjoy it and are responsible about it.

Sure youll have those that abuse the privilege but not much you can do about them..

To me its just like a concealed carry law, law obeying citizens arent going to abuse the power just because they can carry now, they are carrying because its their right, doesnt mean they are going to flash the fact that they carry to the world...and criminals arent going to carry anymore than they already do, if anything they are thinking twice because now their not the only ones with a weapon Smile..

So legalizing it, to a certain degree (which they did) is good..
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Only problem people in those states are going to run into is the fact that Marijuana is still a Schedule 1 controlled substance according to the federal government, and therefore still illegal in the country. As long as The federal government doesn't decide to start massive crackdowns on marijuana via the DEA or some other alphabet agency, Colorado and Washington should be alright. Frankly, with the States staring at a multi-trillion dollar debt, I think they should just legalize it at the national level and tax it and make money off it. Might not solve the debt problem, but it would go quite a ways to start helping it!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Community Team
Community Team
Andy

Gamertag : B Wald Big Mek

Tokens : 13

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:37 am

It's true, Fed Laws trump State Laws. However, the Bush Administration took a lot of flak for going after "Legal" medical smokers and distributors in CA, and something tells me the Obama Admin doesn't want to take that kind of action.

Ironically, the Canadian Gov't passed tough new minimum mandatory sentences relating to pot, on the same day you-all voted for President.

Pot dealers and growers in Canada are now sent to jail for a longer period of time than someone who lures a child on the internet, if you can believe it *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 am

Sadly enough Andy, I can believe it. I think its dumb, because growing pot and selling it are not even near the same level as internet predators but thats government for you, no matter what country you live in. The only way I can see Pot growing being worse than Internet Predators is if they can be linked to an active drug trafficking ring. Then, due to the violence those tend to lead to (see Mexican Drug Cartels if you need more proof), I could make an argument for harsher penalties there.

Like I said, if the government (both yours and mine) would just legalize pot, they could tax it at all stages and generate revenue for themselves. I won't say that I think every should smoke pot, but it seems to me that creating stricter laws just means that you either have to spend more time/money/man power enforcing them or just have them be something to point at when you finally get someone dumb enough to get caught in court.

Personally, and I'm not a pot smoker (only tried it once and I don't think I did it right or the quality was very low because I felt nothing. No change in perception or anything), I believe that Marijuana is no worse for a person than Alcohol or Cigarettes/Cigars. As a matter of fact, it is the only one of those three listed that can be used to medically treat certain diseases and therefore wins itself some bonus points in my opinion. If Marijuana is illegal, then Alcohol and Cigarettes/Cigars should be as well because they too can harm the person using them and those around them. Not to mention the number of deaths caused by individuals who get themselves so inebriated that they can't walk straight but still drive their car anyways.

In the end, best advice I can toss out there is, if you want to smoke pot, don't be obvious about it and only smoke with friends who feel the same about it. It may not be legal but, from my experience at college (had two different friends arrested on possession charges) they are only going to come down on you if you are being seriously overt about it (Don't light up in front of the library and try to make the campus cop believe its a hand rolled cigarette. They aren't stupid!). Life is too short to not enjoy it. Do what makes you happy, just be safe and courteous about how you go about enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....   So that explains the 24hr non stop festival.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So that explains the 24hr non stop festival....
Page 1 of 1