The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

Sim Racing Seat Setup?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HundredYardHero
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
HundredYardHero

Gamertag : HundredYardHero

Tokens : 0

Sim Racing Seat Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm just finally putting together my first sim racing seat and setup, how many of my fellow cruisers are using these? Have you noticed a dramatic difference in lap times, drifting abilities, or autocross maneuvering (good or bad)? What setup are you using seat, wheel, pedals, shifter, etc?

I'm using a Playseat Evolution with the Fanatec CSR XL pack which includes the CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals, and CSR shifters. Along with that I got the Playseat shifter mount along with X-CPO adapter which makes the CSR shifter fit on the Playseat mount. Its been a pricy endeavor but I can't wait to fire her up tomorrow...as long as UPS is on time.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 pm

I finally got my steering wheel stand yesterday and have been working on my wheel experience a lot today. I wish I had the room for a Playseat, but not at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 pm

I'd get one but I'm saving for a motorcycle Smile
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:56 pm

I'd definitely go for the motorcycle, too. What are you wanting to get?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Well I haven't road a bike since I had my Honda 250R dirtbike so probably something easy. I something in the range of 600cc and 650cc. Someone has a Kawasaki that needs some trans work but he's selling it only for $300 so I might just get that and rebuild it.
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 pm

That would be a cool project.
Back to top Go down
HundredYardHero
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
HundredYardHero

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 am

Nice! I can't wait to get started with the wheel. Space can definitely be an issue thats for sure, if I still lived in a studio apartment there would be no way I could get it.

I had a motorcycle for a few years, Yamaha R6, fun little crotch rocket but they are high maintenance. I'd love to, down the line, get a Ducati. Either a Monster or one of their sport bikes. I just love Italian design and performance.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Community Team
Community Team
Andy

Gamertag : B Wald Big Mek

Tokens : 13

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:24 am

I just use a standard xbox controller, lol. That $50 chunk of 3-year-old electronics becomes a precision instrument worthy of NASA when I'm "in de zone", though!
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 am

I still use the controller at night. Don't want to wake the kiddos or the wife. My lap times are far better with the controller right now, thats for sure. But I'll eventually get good enough with the wheel hopefully that my lap times will be the same or better.
Back to top Go down
HundredYardHero
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
HundredYardHero

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm

I got and set up my wheel, pedals, and shifter last night...wow what a difference! Its definitely difficult, like learning to drive all over again! I started to improve fairly quickly, then decided to try the Monthly Rival Autocross that was against Inspector Lunge, and boy was I terrible! I ended up with a nearly 5minute time, and I beat Inspector Lunge on that rival with a 2:53 while using a controller. I've got a ways to go.
Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

Gamertag : xFHCCxTreyGT1x

Tokens : 12

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

not exactly related to Forza Game

moved
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gt1man
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Since I've been using my wheel more now that I have a stand, my times are still about 2 seconds off of where I was with a controller. But the good news is yesterday, I did beat a rivals time that I had been trying to for a long time with the wheel. On average though, I'm off a bit.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Community Team
Community Team
Andy

Gamertag : B Wald Big Mek

Tokens : 13

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Man, that's one quick turtle, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sim Racing Seat Setup?   Sim Racing Seat Setup? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sim Racing Seat Setup?
Page 1 of 1