The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

What do you drive in real life?

Go down 
+11
Andy
jdmustang82
Internuncio
Rob
Mr Seymour 94
Commander Shepard
Andrew
CrosAWD
Tolsmir
Trey W.
MADLARZ
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

Gamertag : MADLARZ

Tokens : 0

What do you drive in real life? Empty
PostSubject: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Ok, I'm just curious to see what everyone drives IRL. Please no hating on people's cars as I do understand we all have different tastes and preferences.

I'll start:

I have a 2001 Honda Accord Euro-R that is slightly modifed with 152wkw (Family car) and have a 2005 Toyota Vitz RS filled to the brim with Digital Designs car-audio (Work Car and totally impractical)

So what do you drive? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.abtec.co.nz
Trey W.
Trey W.

Gamertag : xFHCCxTreyGT1x

Tokens : 12

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Do you really want to know what we drive well if you do:
2006 Pontiac G6 (after-market remote start, and MP3 audio jack) that's bout it
However my dream car would be:
2013 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab LTZ/Hybrid 2HY
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gt1man
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 pm

I had to look up what the G6 was, looks a bit like a Holden Commodore. Very cool looking car and the coupé looks like it could be a fun car at that!
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

Gamertag : Tolsmir

Tokens : 8

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm

G6 is a Holden Commodore, just rebadged here in the states and some slight tweaks to it.

I drive an '07 Dodge Magnum myself. Its white and since it shares a almost identical grill to the '06 Charger, lots of people think I'm a cop when I come cruising up behind them @ ~85 mph on the highway and end up bailing out of the lane. Wish I could see the looks on their faces when they find out the gave ground up to a station wagon! Its a pretty fun little car, wish I had sprung for the bigger engine but then I'd never get to do anything as I'd always be spending all my money on gas!

EDIT; My bad. Knew that Pontiac had a rebadged holden just had the wrong one. The G8 is the Holden Commodore, not the G6.

Last edited by Tolsmir on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CrosAWD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
CrosAWD

Gamertag : Qballin 21

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 pm

IRL:
I drive a Silver '02 Saturn SC1 as my daily.

The Teg as my avatar is in my garage on jack stands is a project car for me and my wife. (Technically her car once it is finished.)

And then my wife drives our pride and joy which is a World Rally Blue 2011 Subie WRX 4-door as her daily.

They are stick and all stock save the Teg which got a B20B swap from a CRV before I purchased it.

As for what I would like to own, to numerous to list or decide upon. Honestly my goal is to be similar to you one day MADLARZ, and just collect.

P.S.- I love the Vitz, I wish we had them here.
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Tolsmir wrote:
G6 is a Holden Commodore, just rebadged here in the states and some slight tweaks to it.

I drive an '07 Dodge Magnum myself. Its white and since it shares a almost identical grill to the '06 Charger, lots of people think I'm a cop when I come cruising up behind them @ ~85 mph on the highway and end up bailing out of the lane. Wish I could see the looks on their faces when they find out the gave ground up to a station wagon! Its a pretty fun little car, wish I had sprung for the bigger engine but then I'd never get to do anything as I'd always be spending all my money on gas!

EDIT; My bad. Knew that Pontiac had a rebadged holden just had the wrong one. The G8 is the Holden Commodore, not the G6.

The Dodge Magnum is a tough looking wagon, only Dodges we get over here are the Ram and Neon.

CrosAWD wrote:
IRL:
I drive a Silver '02 Saturn SC1 as my daily.

The Teg as my avatar is in my garage on jack stands is a project car for me and my wife. (Technically her car once it is finished.)

And then my wife drives our pride and joy which is a World Rally Blue 2011 Subie WRX 4-door as her daily.

They are stick and all stock save the Teg which got a B20B swap from a CRV before I purchased it.

As for what I would like to own, to numerous to list or decide upon. Honestly my goal is to be similar to you one day MADLARZ, and just collect.

P.S.- I love the Vitz, I wish we had them here.

The B20b/Vtec swap is very common in Nz, very strong swap if built right too!

The Vitz is a fun little car, not quick but it makes that up in character and is cheap on gas Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 pm

I don't drive anything special. Just an '06 Explorer(family car).
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Andrew wrote:
I don't drive anything special. Just an '06 Explorer(family car).

Nothing wrong with having a Ford Explorer for a family car, I sold my Type-R due to having to many cars earlier this year and got to the point of only driving it once a month. Eventually I'll most likely be putting the Euro-R into storage and have to get a bigger family car since the wife wants more kids Shocked
Back to top Go down
CrosAWD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
CrosAWD

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 pm

[/quote]

The B20b/Vtec swap is very common in Nz, very strong swap if built right too!

The Vitz is a fun little car, not quick but it makes that up in character and is cheap on gas Smile [/quote]

Attempting qoting thing, yeah I'm not yet sure if we are going to keep it or go back to a factory Teg motor or do a B18 or B16 swap. Then is the desition to Turbo or go NA. I'm new to the whole bilding thing. I actually went to school for auto tech. So I have the knowledge in general but not any know how of aftermarket.
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 pm

I've done numerous engine swap's on Honda's so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. If you are after power I'd say just turbo the D-Series motor as they seem to be relatively cheap over there and are quite strong little motors stock. As in keeping NA though the B18c respond nicely to I/H/E, PnP and a tune. The biggest hold back on a stock B18c is the intake manifold... Wink
Back to top Go down
CrosAWD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
CrosAWD

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 pm

MADLARZ wrote:
I've done numerous engine swap's on Honda's so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. If you are after power I'd say just turbo the D-Series motor as they seem to be relatively cheap over there and are quite strong little motors stock. As in keeping NA though the B18c respond nicely to I/H/E, PnP and a tune. The biggest hold back on a stock B18c is the intake manifold... Wink

Thank you, I might just take you up on that offer. Though we won't be getting to that point till next Spring or Summer. And to be honest I have no clue what I/H/E or PnP is.
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 pm

I/H/E is Intake (If you are going to put in a after-market intake make sure you heat wrap and make a cold air box) Headers (Extractors) Exhaust. PnP is Port and Polish.
Back to top Go down
Commander Shepard
Moderator - Donor
Moderator - Donor
Commander Shepard

Gamertag : COMANDERSHEPRD

Tokens : 54

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 am

I drive a 2007 VW Rabbit (Golf for our friends overseas lol)
What do you drive in real life? ?1346502864
(Not my car but mine is identical in every way, unless this car is auto)

Will have had it for 6 years in December. Got the 2.5L with a 5-Speed and I have to say even though the motor doesn't like to rev it has a lot of low end torque. It's such a fun car to drive around town, not really fast but fun to drive
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 am

Very cool, I've always wanted a Tsi Twincharged model of the Golfs
Back to top Go down
Mr Seymour 94
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Mr Seymour 94

Gamertag : Mr Seymour 94

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 am

I drive a 2001 Vauxhall Corsa, Aruba blue! I have a Hoffmann race exhaust (My neighbours absolutely hate it!!), Lowered 40mm all round, Team Dynmanics pro race 1.2 alloys 16" and a fli sub and JVC headunit! I have just turned 18 so this is my first car but hopefully getting a 2004 Honda Civic near christmas!
Back to top Go down
CrosAWD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
CrosAWD

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Mr Seymour 94 wrote:
I drive a 2001 Vauxhall Corsa, Aruba blue! I have a Hoffmann race exhaust (My neighbours absolutely hate it!!), Lowered 40mm all round, Team Dynmanics pro race 1.2 alloys 16" and a fli sub and JVC headunit! I have just turned 18 so this is my first car but hopefully getting a 2004 Honda Civic near christmas!

Sounds like a nice little fun car.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Custom 1994 Mustang GT with a 302

Custom 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 345 HEMI

Soon to be Custom 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 600r

2006 Ford Expedition fully loaded including the 6th row automatic seats & DVD player/TV.
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
Trey W.
Trey W.

Gamertag : xFHCCxTreyGT1x

Tokens : 12

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Rob wrote:

2006 Ford Expedition fully loaded including the 6th row automatic seats & DVD player/TV.

nice set of cars
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gt1man
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Mr Seymour 94 wrote:

Sounds like a very mint first car you have there! My first car was an old rusty MkIII Ford Cortina.

Rob wrote:

Wow, you must work very hard man. That's a nice collection of cars! And a ZX600R too, very nice!
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:59 am

I drive a 92 Eagle Talon TSi, in grey and black, but also have access to a
'90 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
'99 GMC 'burbie
2000 (give or take a year) Mercedes-Benz E430, and an
'86 Porsche 944 with a 350 cu in. (5.7L?) Chevy Small Block.
Having a mechanic for a father sure has its benefits... Still want to take the Talon and 944 out to a track to see how they do head-to-head.
Back to top Go down
MADLARZ
Silver Member
Silver Member
MADLARZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 am

Very lucky indeed, surely the Talon would have the advantage being 4wd?
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 am

MADLARZ wrote:
Very lucky indeed, surely the Talon would have the advantage being 4wd?

possibly, but the 944 has a huge power advantage (hp AND torque), and doesn't have to deal with turbo lag (although there isn't much in the Talon). It also has a F/R weight ratio of 51/49, so I imagine it would probably be just as quick around the corners, but would be fairly easy to lose control of... Here's some videos of the hulk, sadly I don't have any of the Talon...

Last edited by Internuncio on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Link)
Back to top Go down
jdmustang82
jdmustang82

Gamertag : shadow919999

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:39 pm

oooo ooo i want to play lol anyway here are my two cars, but whats a thread without pics lol

1982 ford mustang lots of mods built for drifting/auto X

What do you drive in real life? 2012-08-14_20-53-15_874

https://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/shadowrend09/?action=view&current=2012-08-14_20-54-29_612.jpg" target="_blank">https://2img.net/h/i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/shadowrend09/2012-08-14_20-54-29_612.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

my 1969 ford bronco my DD and off road toy

What do you drive in real life? 2012-06-23_18-13-07_297
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 pm

jdmustang82 wrote:
oooo ooo i want to play lol anyway here are my two cars, but whats a thread without pics lol

1982 ford mustang lots of mods built for drifting/auto X

What do you drive in real life? 2012-08-14_20-53-15_874

nice ride! I remember cruising around with my dad in a similar one... We installed some minor upgrades, nothing too big, and painted it blue... Ahh, the memories.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Community Team
Community Team
Andy

Gamertag : B Wald Big Mek

Tokens : 13

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 am

I drive a beat-up 2000 Hyundai Tiburon. It's taken quite a bit of abuse, and should really be in much worse shape than it actually is, so I'm happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you drive in real life?   What do you drive in real life? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you drive in real life?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next