The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

Help me understand online play..setups..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

Gamertag : SonnyDeez9715

Tokens : 0

Help me understand online play..setups.. Empty
PostSubject: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm

So in order to use cars in your garage you have to have saved setups for each one? Say i want to have 3 cars i use online, as an example, no matter what class setup is chosen for the game i want to be able to pick these cars, I have to go in and make that many setups in order to do it??
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Not at all. If you want to use your own car in multi-player, all you have to do is pick it out from your garage. It will be tuned just as you have it in your personal garage. Set-ups are more useful if you want to have one car that you run at multiple classes, say, an Evo X that you run B class on dirt and A class on pavement... You may upload cars to the club garage if you want to let other members of the club drive them in online events. Club members cannot access club cars in single player. If you want to have your multiple set-ups available to the club, you have to upload them separately, as if they were different cars. I would not recommend this, as currently, Rob has requested that we take all club cars down, and multiple tunes of the same car, for the most part, just wastes space. I hope I have been helpful, if you have any further questions, go ahead and ask!
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Thats what I am saying, If i want to use the Evo (for example) in both A and B class races online than I have to have setups for it with both A and B class, right..SO if a car in my garage is set to R1, than I will only be able to choose that car when R1 class races are chosen in multiplayer..

So if for some reason I wanted to use the same car no matter what the conditions were on line, I would need loadouts on that car for each class...I dont see why they just dont do it like they do in single player, pick your car and have it upgraded/downgraded to the class that is racing (if applicable)
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, you have a point there... Hopefully we'll have a good enough variety of cars in the garage so that we don't have to worry about it Smile. As for the time being, pick your favourite? I haven't messed around with multiple set-ups yet...
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 pm

ya neither have I, just actually started messing with online play and noticed this..lol..so just trying to figure it all out..
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:28 pm

If the car is in R1 class, then you can only use it in races that allow R1 classes.
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Exactly, so If I wanted to use that same car in A, S and R1 Races I need to setup and save those different upgrades for that vehicle...makes no sense to me lol
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Or you could splurge and buy three different cars with three different tunes.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:12 pm

SonnyDeez9715 wrote:
Exactly, so If I wanted to use that same car in A, S and R1 Races I need to setup and save those different upgrades for that vehicle...makes no sense to me lol

It's a simple concept.

Would it be fair to use an R1 car in an B class race? No because it's over powered.

You have to set your car up for what the challenge/race demands. Those demands are in place to keep things fair and interesting.

I personally dislike driving R1 cars because they are too fast.
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Rob,

I understand why there are different classes, my dislike is the fact that I have to setup separate classes for each car..

Example:

I have 3 main cars I like to use online (depending on my mood)

Lets just say I play only A, S and R3 classes

I would have to make each class for each car in single player in order to be able to use them in multiplayer.So thats 9 different setups...now multiply that by how ever many classes there are If I wanted to play more...

Hence why I dont understand why they just didnt do it to were you can auto upgrade/downgrade on the spot, like in single player
See what Im getting at?? So was wondering how others do it..
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Yeah I get that much. What you can do is save a setup for a car and load it in a multiplayer menu. At least that's what you could do with FM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand online play..setups..   Help me understand online play..setups.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me understand online play..setups..
Page 1 of 1