The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

Off the throttle cruising....

Go down 
+12
Internuncio
ajcohen63
TalkSickWaste
kANAkSz
Hellaflush
ixShakeWeight
Sharkman8282
Andrew
SonnyDeez9715
LoWKeYToE
-Bentley Motors Ltd-
sleepy-z
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

Off the throttle cruising.... Empty
PostSubject: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 am

Time...
It will be from 9pm eastern standard time(USA)(-5hrs)-midnight at the latest. Every other night roughly planned/posted here, your on my schedule, if u like it u can plan post here your own time when I am not free.

Description...
Cruise the map in a convoy/caravan. Speeds 60-90mph(95-140kph) roughly. We will slow through residential neighborhoods, but when on the open road u may go above the speed just try not to crash or annoy others. Front on the caravan will try to maintain realistic speeds as in real life non dangerous joy riding. It will be boring at times I won't lie but it's your job to let off the gas with approaching turns and have fun catching up. We will drive to each horizon tent one by one using gps, my hopes are to find a near by business, hotel/lodge or restaurant and park as a group. U will have 5 mins to go back to the horizon tent and swap cars if u want and get back. I do wish they had photo mode online.

Down the road...
I will plan event nights and post them here, for example: Europeans night, USA car night, Japanese, muscle car new, old, classic European, classic Japanese, maybe manufacturer nights. U get it.

Rules to get in...
Post your GT on here
and I will invite everyone interested. First 7 to get in the game are in. Others can setup there own version and run it if they want, friend each other so it works for everyone.

Not sure how this will go, add me Z32andS30 and I may run a few trials at night and invite people the next few nights. I have a pregnant wife and 2 year old so things do happen so I have to plan my nights. I would say Sunday night will be the first real run at this.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Also if you're already my friend u will get an invite.
Back to top Go down
-Bentley Motors Ltd-
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
-Bentley Motors Ltd-

Gamertag : Arnage T 2009

Tokens : 0

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Is this for tonight? If so, id love to join. I was in a lobby with B Wald, Commander, and a few others last night, and it was a BLAST!! Would it be possible to make it a little warlier? Maybe 8:00? If not, thats fine, ill still join!
Back to top Go down
LoWKeYToE
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
LoWKeYToE

Gamertag : DSI LoWKeYToE

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 pm

DSI lowkeytoe

I'll be on after 7pm eastern
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

Gamertag : SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

FR sent..im always up for some cruising...
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Oh no as I said u are welcome to go with this idea, I have a son and wife lol, I only play after she goes to bed. This won't be tonight, I need to do trial runs, this won't be everyones favorite thing I promise. I am bored of the haul azz in super cars that's going on in the free roams that I get random. They either pick a super car and race, random nothing, or they just race at one speed camera non stop. I want to let off the gas and enjoy a group drive like it's your real car, youre not going to go 150+mph if u had a Ferrari smashing into barriers.

I will shoot for Sunday night 9pm est for my first cruise. Sorry if it sounds lame, I just like to drive low end power cars occasionally and not be full throttle. There are a few out there like me, I have been enjoying free roam offline more then online because of the calm relaxed drive I can do, I want to bring the calm drive to online. U can hang in the back and back way off then play catch up, it's what I used to do in real life caravan/convoys when I had a 300zx. I feel like I'm waisting my time flooring it right now online and I want a group that wants to enjoy the scenary and in something as slow as a stock bettle or something but can hang on this drive. [left]

Last edited by sleepy-z on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:59 pm

If possible, I'll be down for this as I too like to slow down and just enjoy the drive.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm

What I will do is at each horizon fast travel spot is u all can switch cars and park or follow me and I will find a good parking lot to meet in and gps it, after that take off to the next spot and repeat. I want this to be as not arcade like as possible, accidents will happen but as long as they are for wrong misjudged turns rather then excessive speeding.
Back to top Go down
Sharkman8282
Sharkman8282

Gamertag : x Sharkman 8282

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm

i would love to join ill send you a FR.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:40 pm

If I feel everyone is going to fast and wreckless I will hop in my stock herbie and lead lol.
Back to top Go down
ixShakeWeight
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ixShakeWeight

Gamertag : ixShakeWeight

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Im down.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 pm

One more thing if u feel it is to slow don't ram or take off angry to make the group split, simply leave the room, I don't want to kick out people. I am willing to hear ideas, complaints and so on just do it on here after. I really want a casual drive, u should be able to stay on the road/trail without crashing.

If I send a group invite before Sunday it is a trial so don't expect a invite until Sunday night. I may play a little more offline to get more cars until Sunday.
Back to top Go down
SonnyDeez9715
Silver Member
Silver Member
SonnyDeez9715

Gamertag : SonnyDeez9715

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 pm

I think its a cool way to get some of the challenges..everyone cruises with a certain make of vehicle and just enjoy the road and bs about stuff
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Yeah....I honestly haven't paid attention to the challenges but as long as we can do the taking our time I'm fine with that. I honestly got this game to go on a back road drive in the form of a game to fill that empty spot in my life lol, once u have a kid u don't drive like u used to.
Back to top Go down
Hellaflush
Hellaflush

Gamertag : H3LLUHFLUSH

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:47 pm

sounds like a really good idea, if anyone one is cruising tonight , send me an fr......H3LLUHFLUSH
Back to top Go down
kANAkSz
Silver Member
Silver Member
kANAkSz

Gamertag : sN UCExhAVOk

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 pm

sleepy-z wrote:
...I honestly got this game to go on a back road drive in the form of a game to fill that empty spot in my life lol, once u have a kid u don't drive like u used to.

I second that bro. Once u have a kid,your whole mentality of driving flips. Although,i have to be honest,when its just me in the car i speed safely.lol. Bacc to the topic at hand,this sounds amazing considering this is what i do in public free roam lobbies and if i could add a suggestion,have u ever tried the "leap frog" line run? Where everyone is driving at highway speed limit,last person speeds up to overtake to front position and so on and so forth. It actually helps alleviate the over boring-ness of speed limit driving on the highway,especially when cars are spaced out a car or two apart. Just a thought. Used to do this on FM4 on Le Mans and was quite fun as long as noone does stupid stuff and go side swiping people. Another added bonus to doin this is that you can complete the NEAR MISS challenge.56 total near misses for all 8 players,challenge will be knocced out in two passes considering everyones score in the lobby counts for everyone. Anyways,just a thought. Wouldnt mind helping you test it out to see how it works out. Would only be done on the highway though of course. Ill be sending a FR request your way. Look forward to "real life" cruising with a full lobby FINALLY.haha

Last edited by kANAkSz on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor typos (damn phone))
Back to top Go down
TalkSickWaste
TalkSickWaste

Gamertag : TalkSickWaste

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I play almost every night around 11pm till 2-3am EST time.
I'd enjoy a cruise.

GT: TalkSickWaste
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:36 am

Leap frog......that's actually fine, I originally meant to say your welcome to pull in the lead if u want to floor it some just back off. As much as I would love to follow the posted speed limits thhey have 25mph zones and that way to slow at points.
Back to top Go down
ixShakeWeight
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ixShakeWeight

Gamertag : ixShakeWeight

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 am

So would it be like 80-70 on the open road, 60-50 in towns? Or something like that. I mean Ive got plenty of cursing cars. Razz
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:53 am

Yeah, basically I want a drive that we stay in a lane or lanes. I think the best way to describe it is imagine your in your car. Unless u do off road driving u don't floor your car with a tight turn and bounce off a fence. But your speeds are pretty accurate, I don't mind leap frogging or u can drop far back to play catch up but I want all 8 cars together and the best way to do that is if we drive more like real life, I will open it up at times but I want a calm mellow group drive. It may or may not be everyone's preferred way to drive, if u don't like it simply leave and please post opinions here. I will rotate cars through drive, I like to try ones I've never driven for these kind of drives, especially stock classic cars and I seriously own a stock beetle to slow everyone if it's a race all the sudden.

I said Sunday but if the wife knocks out early tonight I will send invites to everyone, first 7 are in but Sunday should be good for sure. I live on her schedule, u can say I'm whipped or that I have a sugar mommy lol but she is the queen and I'm retired at 31 so I play when she let's me.
Back to top Go down
ajcohen63
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ajcohen63

Gamertag : ajcohen63

Tokens : 2

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Awesome Im definately in
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Totally just realized my area is getting a hurricane/tropical storm this weekend until Wednesday, anyways last time I lost power for like 4 days so if u don't see me Sunday night online I lost power and who knows when it comes back. Chances are I will lose power anyways eventually so this post may die for a few days starting Sunday or Monday I imagine.
Back to top Go down
kANAkSz
Silver Member
Silver Member
kANAkSz

Gamertag : sN UCExhAVOk

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Totally stoked for this event. Considering how i havent done a car cruise irl in 2+ yrs since my daughters been born. It may not be real,but its just as good.lol. & bro,im in the same boat as u,except im not retired yet.damn.hahaha. But my game time @ nite starts wen the wife n kid go to sleep.haha. Anywayz,lookin forward to this bro. Hopefully you dont lose power at all and can jam this event.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:16 pm

I may try for tonight but don't expect it, I would start between 9-10pm if I do, it depends on the wife's mood she's been sick....by mood I mean....Wink lol tmi.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Biggest tip I can give based on trial is if u have an A class car or higher take off in 3rd or 4th to cruise, very smooth and shift early, we will down shift at times but I will try my best to ignore the adrenaline to race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off the throttle cruising....   Off the throttle cruising.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off the throttle cruising....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next