The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

That other game, NFSMW, yuck...

Go down 
+2
Internuncio
sleepy-z
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

Gamertag : z32ands30

Tokens : 7

That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Empty
PostSubject: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 am

Played it at a friends, OMG stay far away unless you want burnout 2 with licensed cars. Thats all it is. To start...
Cant paint cars, you have to drive through a gas station and it picks a random color each time.
No MT(seriously)
2 views(chase, bumper, not even a hood view)
Controls(like arcade pretty much)
41 cars(3 so far were go kart IE ariel atom like bodies which are rolling roll cages and dont wreck much)
Music(much like FH not my style)
Cant really customize the body if it matters from what I played

Only good things..
Sounds are great in tunnels but some cars do have the same sound.
Police chases are decent
You can pan around the car to view it
Its like Burnout if you likes it, I didn't but a lot of people did

Overall, completely opposite of FH, its a big pile of garbage if you ask me. I have no desires to go back and play it. Burnout 2 with 41 real cars and a new city is all it is. Its an arcade racer, probably wouldnt spend more then $40 if you enjoy arcade games though, as a non arcade racer fan I would stay far away you will regret it but if you like arcade racers then dont pay more then $40 for it for now I personally say its worth $20 but I hate arcade racers big time.
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

Tokens : 0

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 am

Definitely quite glad I picked up Horizon... Sounds like something I wouldn't entirely enjoy. Thanks sleepy!
Back to top Go down
Trey W.
Trey W.

Gamertag : xFHCCxTreyGT1x

Tokens : 12

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm

In a competition between Forza and Need For Speed I always pick Forza first, even though I do have a Need For Speed game, only cause it was a off-season for Forza, same with sports teams, you will catch me rooting for both Cowboys and Broncos but when they go head-to-head its all about the boys
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gt1man
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

Gamertag : Tolsmir

Tokens : 8

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Heh, glad i decided to pay for my Assassin's III preorder instead. I might get NFS at some point but not until its available cheaply used.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm

I was wanting to see what it played like, but to a big surprise, they didn't even release a demo for the game which in reality is unheard of these days. Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy even got demos. But either way, there was no way I was going to get this when Horizon was announced. I usually limit myself to a game or two a year, even if they are used. However, due to Halo 4 being released next week, I might have to go ahead and go over that limit I set for myself.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Yeah IGN, which I dont ever agree with gave it a 9/10. I dont care for arcade games but I would put it in the 7/10 or lower range. All the cars are unlocked parked around the city so except for the 10 most wanted drivers and you get them as you beat them. Its just really sad, granted if you like jumps and driving through parks hitting things you will like it but the replay value is low for the enjoyment out of that. Online wasn't all that special either. It felt like what madden football did the previous 5 years, it was burnout now its just a slightly updated burnout with the new cars. It looks fine but if you want to cruise slow your car is in 2nd gear at 50mph since your forced to drive a AT. I really suggest if you dislike or didn't enjoy burnout much dont even try the game.
Back to top Go down
sleepy-z
Silver Member
Silver Member
sleepy-z

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:20 pm

Oh and the car sounds are nice sounding but I went from like a corvette to a aston martin I believe, cant really recall but it was the exact same sound for 2 cars, when you only have 41 total its noticeable. I like to drive through the tunnels and hear the roar and I was like....ummm...this is the same sound as the last car.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Owner
Owner
Rob

Gamertag : l Digitized l

Tokens : 785

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:52 pm

I new this game was going to be garbage.
Back to top Go down
https://fhcc.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That other game, NFSMW, yuck...   That other game, NFSMW, yuck... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That other game, NFSMW, yuck...
Page 1 of 1