The First Forza Horizon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFHCC Website

Rally pack out today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Shepard
Moderator - Donor
Moderator - Donor
Commander Shepard

Gamertag : COMANDERSHEPRD

Tokens : 54

Rally pack out today Empty
PostSubject: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:53 pm

So haven't played it yet but looks cool. Nice to see we'll have the ability to modify cars already in the game for rallying.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Not going to be getting the rally pack until Christmas when I get my gift cards. Biggest thing I'm excited about are the extra upgrades that we can install on any car.
Back to top Go down
Commander Shepard
Moderator - Donor
Moderator - Donor
Commander Shepard

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Just installed it and not sure if it's a bug or something but I'm seeing other cars not associated with the pack. So far I saw the Escalade ESV, Vandura, mid-90's cobra mustang, and a few others. I think the rally pack is showing us what the next car pack will be, not sure. LINK
Back to top Go down
IRDanstr
IRDanstr

Gamertag : IRDanstr

Tokens : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm

I wasn't going to bother with this because rally isn't my thing, then I see Evo VIII included, clever tricksters...now undecided.
Back to top Go down
Tolsmir
Contributor LVL 1
Contributor LVL 1
Tolsmir

Gamertag : Tolsmir

Tokens : 8

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:09 pm

IRDanstr, you should definitely get the Rally Pack. The rallies were pretty awesome and the stages had some wicked terrain to go through. It was awesome, just wish there was more.

The upgrades are neat and the Rally gearbox definitely helps some of my slower b class king/infected behemoths actually get up and move and the shocks help make some of my suvs not be so rough when flinging them around the golf course. Definitely fun.

I think my biggest REAL complaint is that instead of making it a map expansion as well its just a stand alone component. Its fun and amazing but we'll never get to free roam around the rally stages, which is kind of annoying as that would be great fun. My other, minor and not even substantial complaint, is that they didn't bother to go back through their small car list and add in rally light clusters and stuff as bumper/hood options. It would have been really neat to be able to actually "Rallify" a car rather than just adding the rally performance parts. Would have given it more character.

All said and done, the Rally Pack was an awesome edition and you can definitely tell that Playground used their former Codemaster employees to great advantage because the rally stages feel like they could have been in one of the DiRT games. I only wish there were more than seven rallies because I've beaten them all. Now to rallify some more of my king/infected cars and make them even more fun to drive!
Back to top Go down
Internuncio
Internuncio

Gamertag : Internuncio

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, after running through, I do wish there was more, or that we could freeroam it, but seeing as some of the tracks are just resurfaced roads, I imagine that wouldn't go over too well... Or at least, we could use the new ones put in! The achievements are quite easy to get, I only need the online and rivals ones to complete, and the AI is quite aggressive. I just had my normal settings, switched rewind off and put the AI to easy to coast through with a 100% bonus. I see myself rallifying a bunch of cars, seeing as it would be really useful in playground games. The tracks are fun and challenging, with rocks and trees often getting in the way. It's a heck of a lot of fun sliding around the corners, and has a more motorsport feel to it than regular horizon play, without the popularity points and whatnot. It's great, intense, but a little too short.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Donor
Andrew

Gamertag : SlimyTurt1e

Tokens : 15

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:18 pm

That Vandura is going to be awesome to drive around. Can you say A-Team designs? lol
Back to top Go down
Commander Shepard
Moderator - Donor
Moderator - Donor
Commander Shepard

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 pm

I know the first thing I'm gonna do is blast the A-Team theme song and jump the barn in Bunker lol
Back to top Go down
IRDanstr
IRDanstr

Gamertag : IRDanstr

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Looks to me like it would better of just buying a rally game, the only bad thing from not getting the expansion is I will miss out on the Evo VIII. All I really do is cruise and drift anyway, so not missing out on a huge deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rally pack out today   Rally pack out today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rally pack out today
Page 1 of 1